Student Personal Ability and Interest Inventory Questions:
School and Career
- What is your favorite class or activity in school and why?
- What is your least favorite class or activity in school and why?
- Which school subject is most challenging to you? Is the challenge a positive or negative to you? What makes it challenging?
- In which school subject do you feel like you learn the most? Why do you think this is?
- What can teachers do to capture your interest?
- Give an example of a classroom activity where you felt you really learned a lot. Why do you think that was?
- Do you prefer to work alone, in small groups or in large groups? Why?
- What do you want to do after high school?
- What careers can you picture yourself in?
- Besides socializing with friends, what do you like to do in your spare time?
- How many hours per day do you use technology such as a computer, tablet, or smart phone? What do you mainly use it/them for? (ie – socializing, research, games etc.)
- Do you belong to any organizations, teams, or clubs in and out of school? Which ones?
- Do you have any particular responsibilities outside of school? (for example, watching siblings, chores etc.)
- Do you have a part-time job? If so, what is it and how many hours do you work per week? What do you like most about your job?
- Describe yourself using three words.
- Do you like to read? Why/why not?
- Tell me about a favorite book or movie and why you liked it?
- If you could learn more about any subject, what would it be? Why are you curious about this subject?
- If you could interview anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Do you have a special talent or an interest that you know a lot about? If so, what is it?
- Tell me about a past accomplishment that made you feel proud of yourself.
- Is there anything else you want the world to know about you?